This is my reading notes to the paper Data Logger For Medical Device Coordination Framework. It basically consists of partial excerpts that I am interested in this paper.
Author: Karthik Gundimeda. Master Thesis of Kansas University, 2009
- “One of the main objectives of MDCF data logger is to deterministically replay the scenarios whenever necessary.”
- “In the existing MDCF,
java.util.Loggeris used to log the events.”
- In this work, “Log4j framework is used as an underlining framework to log the incoming objects.”
- Question: why is Log4j better than
java.util.Logger? The reasons given in the paper or online do not seem very convincing: since Log4j has a larger user base and is more flexible.
- “The previous version of MDCF is implemented using OpenJMS as its messaging broker.”
- “The current version of MDCF uses ActiveMQ as JMS provider.”
- Total logging vs. partial logging
- “Each component makes use of the instance and the interface provided by the logger to send the messages. Only messages sent by the components are logged.”
- “In total logging, every message on all topics created is logged. Messages to be logged are received directly from components and also from ActiveMQ.”
- “Evaluation is done based on key parameters, topology and message size.”